Costume
This image is the only piece of media associated with Taylor Swift's song 'Haunted'. It shows her stood in a dense forest in a long dress. This initially inspired me to use a long darkly coloured dress in my music video and have some scenes shot in a woodland area.
The images below are from the TV series 'Vampire Diaries'. From analysing the lyrics I knew I wanted my video to have a creepy type theme, setting and costume. Certain parts of the lyrics remind me of this TV series' storyline and the costumes used are of an old fashioned style which look eery. I also like the hair style of the character below: the curls make her look girly but the colour of her hair is dark.
(drawings of costume)
I did research online to look for old victorian style dresses. I chose to search for black dresses as this could connote death and darkness, but would also compliment the singers' hair. Below are some example of the style of dress I would like to feature in my music video:
However, most costumes online were very expensive..
After looking online and in store for costume ideas, I could see that most items were not affordable! I then looked in charity and vintage stores and found this dress for just £10. It is black, made from lace and looks old fashioned: which is exactly how I wanted it to be.
My actress in the final costume:
Makeup
I then looked at makeup ideas. I decided to stick to a simple look that could be reproduced each time I wanted to film. I chose black eyeliner as this would compliment the costume and make her look like a conventional indie pop artist, but also make her eyes look dark to add to the haunted theme.
Example images:
My actress and makeup style:

















No comments:
Post a Comment